There are several ways to turn karma into gold, the most economic efficient of which is to craft items that require karma-based ingredients and have a high profit:cost ratio.
My baseline for investing karma is the money one might save by purchasing fine or basic salvage kits with karma rather than gold, i.e. 11.43s/1,000 karma. (below, kK stands for kilo Karma, or 1,000 karma)
- Crafting & selling unidentified dyes: 25-40s/kK
- Crafting & selling beaded weapons: 15-40s/kK
- Buying cloth grabbin’ gloves, salvaging results, and selling: 10-15s/kK
- Buying karma gear that forges (at low rates) into valued skins or named items: net loss up to 80s/kK
- Orrian Jewelery Boxes: ~1.5-3s/kK, including some value for getting obby shards.